Game recap - Notre Dame Prep at Desert Mountain
Originally published: Sep 6, 2013 - 12:00 am
The Desert Mountain defense held the Saints' offense to just 29 total yards in the first half while picking off three passes during the game, and the Wolves' offense marched up and down the field in a 45-3 home victory over Notre Dame Prep Friday night in Scottsdale.
The Wolves notched three rushing touchdowns in the first half - an 11-yard run by Deion Warren, a one-yard plunge by Dan Fedorka, and a nine-yard scamper by Jordan Craig. Senior linebacker Greg Frasco also picked off a Saints pass late in the first quarter and raced 18 yards to the end zone, while Austin Taylor closed out the scoring in the first half by booting a 38-yard field goal wih 22 seconds left to give Desert Mountain a 31-0 halftime advantage.
Wolves senior quarterback Kyle Allen tossed his only touchdown pass of the night in the third quarter, hitting senior wideout Wes Andrews from 15 yards out. Allen finished with 225 passing yards on the night, 194 of which came in the first half. Andrews caught a total of six passes for 79 yards. Reid Openshaw finished off the scoring for Desert Mountain in the fourth quarter with a two-yard TD run.
Notre Dame's only score came in the opening minute of the second half when Grayson Naquin booted a 36-yard field goal. The score was set up by a fumble recovery by Saints' junior defensive end John Reardon on Desert Mountain's first play from scrimmage in the second half.
Desert Mountain rebounds from a tough 13-6 loss to Brophy Prep to even its record at 1-1. The Wolves travel to Willow Canyon next week for a Thursday night contest.
Despite its 24-7 season-opening victory over Betty Fairfax a week ago, Notre Dame has failed to score a touchdown in its last six quarters of play. The Saints, who drop to 1-1, also have a Thursday game next week in Peoria against Liberty.
- Blue Ridge Head Coach Paul Moro - Saturday December 7Blue Ridge Head Coach Paul Moro joins the show to discuss winning the Division IV title last week.
- Mountain Pointe Head Coach Norris Vaughan - Saturday December 7Mountain Pointe Head Football Coach Norris Vaughan joins the show to discuss winning the Division I
- Cameron Denson Interview - Saturday November 30Salpointe Catholic player Cameron Denson talks about winning the state title and what's next for hi
- Coach Dave Inness Interview - Saturday November 30AIA Color Analyst and Northwest Christian Head Coach Dave Inness previews tonight's championships.
- December 7, 2013 - Hour: 1In this hour we talk to the Division I and Division IV State Title winners.
- November 30, 2013 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.
- November 30, 2013 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.
- November 23, 2013 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.
- November 23, 2013 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 bringing you the latest in high school sports from around the state.