Gilbert Christian hosting Crush Cancer event for 3 families
Originally published: Jan 23, 2014 - 12:00 am
Gilbert Christian is hosting its second annual Crush Cancer game Thursday for the mothers of Gilbert Christian players who are battling cancer.
Arizona Lutheran also is participating in the event. The proceeds from Thursday’s Gilbert Christian-Arizona Lutheran junior varsity and varsity girls basketball games will be given to three families to help offset the cost of their cancer treatment expenses.
Gilbert Christian is inviting the general public to attend the games, which start at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Gilbert Christian (3632 E. Jasper Dr., Gilbert 85296).
A brief ceremony will be held between the j.v. and varsity games for the three families to recognize their courageous battles.
- Paul Lopez - Saturday April 19Mountain Pointe Football and Track Athlete Paul Lucas joins the show.
- Jerry Dawson - Saturday April 19Former Chaparral Baseball Manager Jerry Dawson joins the show.
- Geno Fata - Saturday April 19Geno Fata Account Executive with the Diamondbacks joins the show.
- Jean Boyd - Saturday April 19ASU Associate Senior Athletic Director Jean Boyd joins the show.
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 1Phoenix Suns Spirit of Cotton Award Winner and Valley Lutheran Head boys’ Basketball coach Robert Ko
- April 19, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Geno Fata, Jerry Dawson and Paul Lucas join the show.
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson, Hamilton Head Baseball Coach Mike Woods, and Xavier Sand Volleyb
- April 12, 2014 - Hour: 2U of A Assistant Coach Coach Charlie Ragle and AIA Associate Executive Director Chuck Schmidt join t
- April 5, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour AIA 365's Les Wilsey joins the show.