Division III boys state basketball quarters roundup
Originally published: Feb 26, 2014 - 12:00 am
No. 5 Show Low outscored No. 4 Benson, 38-19, in the second half Wednesday morning to reverse a haltime deficit and win going away, 61-48, in a D-III boys quarterfinal at Tim's Toyota Center in Precott Valley.
Show Low's Sean Potter scored 17 of his game-high 24 points in the second half and made 8 of 10 free throws to pace the Cougars rally from a 29-23 halftime deficit. Jackson Jessop added 13 points and Sam Tate had 12 points.
Show Low (23-12) advances to the semifinals Friday (Feb. 28) to face either Chinle or Cortez at 8 p.m. at Jobing.com Arena.
Benson (26-5) was led by Sean Brogan with 18 points, including three 3s. Dante Britton finished with 10, but did not score in the second half off the bench for the Bobcats.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- Station Casino's Co-Founder and UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta - Saturday August 23Lorenzo Fertitta talks about sponsoring the Sollenberger Classic and the UFC coming to Phoenix.
- AIA Director of Business Media Brian Bolitho - Saturday August 23Brian Bolitho talks about the importance and growth of the Sollenberger Classic.
- Dave Zorn - Saturday June 14Host of the Friday Night Wrap-Up Show, Dave Zorn, joins the show to talk about why he is leaving.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.
- June 7, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365, in this hour Sammy Chagolla, Bryce Perkins and Ky Westbrook join the show.