Division III girls state basketball quarterfinal roundup
Originally published: Feb 26, 2014 - 12:00 am
NO. 4 Window Rock never opened a large lead, but always kept a small one Wednesday morning in defeating No. 5 Thatcher, 52-45, in a Division III girls basketball quarterfinal at Tim's Toyota Center in Prescott Valley.
Window Rock was led by senior guard Naomi Klah with 16 points, right at her season's average. Teammate Nichole Benally added 10 points. Five other players scored between four and eight points. Thatcher was led by Kristie Baldwin with 15 points.
Window Rock led 14-10 after one period, 28-26 at haltime and 41-36 after three quarters. Thatcher got within four on several occasions in the fourth period, but offensive rebounds and free throws kept Window Rock in the driver's seat.
Window Rock advanced to the semifinals on Friday against the Page-Valley Christian winner at 6 p.m. at Jobing.com Arena.
- Perry High Sophomore and Arizona State Basketball Commit Markus Howard - Saturday August 30Markus Howard talks about committing to ASU and the upcoming season for Perry High School.
- Xavier Prep Junior and USC Girl's Volleyball Commit Khalia Lanier - Saturday August 30Khalia Lanier talks about the volleyball season and her commitment to USC.
- Basha Head Football Coach Gerald Todd - Saturday August 30Gerald Todd talks about getting their first win of the season against Desert Vista.
- Jim and Mark Sollenberger Brothers of Barry Sollenberger - Saturday August 23Jim and Mark Sollenberger talk about the Sollenberger Classic and what the event means to the Sollen
- August 30, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps recaps week 1 of the AZ HS sports season.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 1Arizona Sports Preps 365 recaps and previews the Sollenberger Classic football games.
- August 23, 2014 - Hour: 2Arizona Sports Preps 365 Recaps and Previews the Sollenberger Classic Game in Las Vegas.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 2In this hour Jim and Craig talk to Chuck Schmidt and Dave Zorn.
- June 14, 2014 - Hour: 1In this hour Jim and Craig talk to 3 TV's Tyler Baldwin and Az Central's Richard Obert.