Updated May 21, 2013 - 4:25 pm
WNBA GMs pick Mercury to win title, Parker for MVP
Griner is also the overwhelming favorite for Rookie of the Year, picked by 75 percent of the respondents in the annual WNBA.com GM survey released Tuesday. The Mercury were the top choice to win the title, with 33 percent of the votes.
Parker, the 2008 rookie of the year and MVP received 42 percent of the MVP vote. Phoenix's Diana Taurasi, who won the award in 2009, was picked by 25 percent.
Also, defending champion Indiana's Lin Dunn received the most votes for the best head coach (33 percent) and the best motivator (42 percent).
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.
- Russ Pennell, Phoenix Mercury Interim head coach - Friday August 9Russ Pennell joins Doug and Chuck to talk about taking over the team.
- Amber Cox, President & COO of the Phoenix Mercury, Corey Gaines, Head Coach - Wednesday February 13Cox and Gaines come to the studio to talk about the promise of the Phoenix Mercury team.
- Amber Cox, Phoenix Mercury President and COO - Tuesday February 14Amber Cox joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the unique qualities of the WNBA, and what the Phoenix M