Updated Jul 2, 2013 - 6:45 am
Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi wins Western Conference Player of the Month
In June, Taurasi averaged 24.2 points, 5.3 assists, and 4.7 rebounds per game as she led the Mercury to a 7-3 record. Among her highlights, were two 30-point games and two near triple-doubles.
Her 242 points scored were nearly 100 points more than any other player for the month. She is also just 205 points shy of becoming the fifth player in league history to record 6,000 points.
In addition to her Player of the Month honor, Taurasi was named the Western Conference Player of the Week for the second time in 2013.
Taurasi led Phoenix to a 3-0 record on the road this past week -- the first road sweep of three-plus games in franchise history.
The Mercury return home from their road trip on Tuesday to face the New York Liberty at 7:00 p.m.
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.