Taurasi, Mercury upend Lynx 80-72
MINNEAPOLIS -- Diana Taurasi had 21 points and 11 assists and Candice Dupree had 18 points and 10 rebounds and the Phoenix Mercury beat the Minnesota Lynx 80-72 on Sunday.
Brittney Griner scored 14 points and DeWanna Bonner added 12 for the Mercury (7-3).
The Mercury beat the Lynx for the first time since 2011 — a streak spanning 10 regular season and four playoff games.
Maya Moore had 14 points for the Lynx (8-3). The Mercury handed the Lynx their first home loss of the season as Minnesota has lost three of its past four games after starting 7-0 on the season.
After trailing by as much as 23 points, the Lynx pulled within single digits in the fourth quarter, but the comeback attempt fell short.
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.