Updated Aug 7, 2012 - 8:12 am
This isn't going on the D-backs' video yearbook
One of those things happened Monday night in the Arizona Diamondbacks' 4-0 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates.
With nobody out in the bottom of the fourth inning, Pirates star outfielder Andrew McCutchen blooped a single in front of normally steady center fielder Chris Young. Young didn't play the ball cleanly on one bounce, and then, as you'll see on the video below, had a lot of difficulty locating it.
As Young was spinning around to find the ball, McCutchen made a beeline for second, at which time Young made an errant throw that short-hopped shortstop Willie Bloomquist. Bloomquist couldn't come up with it, and the ball squirted toward right center, allowing McCutchen to take third.
He'd later score what would prove to be enough for the winning margin for Pittsburgh.
And really the only thing missing on this play was the circus music.
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15