Updated Nov 23, 2012 - 8:37 am
A fumble unlike any other fumble!
It's even harder to call out a team still on the Cardinals' remaining schedule in 2012-2013.
Nonetheless, misery loves company.
Here's looking at you Mark Sanchez.
It was bad enough Sanchez and the New York Jets got drubbed 49-19 by their AFC East rivals, the New England Patriots, on Thanksgiving Night. But that didn't keep Gang Green's quarterback from becoming the laughing stock of the city and the league with a play that will lingering much longer than the loss.
Fumbles happen in all shapes in sizes -- a big hit, a strip, a slippery football, etc. -- but few happen like they did for Sanchez.
Down 14-0 in the second quarter, Sanchez looked to scramble up the middle on a broken play. Unfortunately he ran into a wall. That wall just happened to be the backside of offensive lineman Brandon Moore.
The ball squirted free after the collision and New England safety Steve Gregory returned the fumble 35 yards for an easy, and rather odd touchdown.
In the Big Apple, the littlest things become fodder. So there's no surprise that the typical tongue-and-cheek New York Post had a little fun with the Jets' latest folly.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent