Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 1:03 pm
'Super Marion Bros.' makes an appearance in Dallas
A four-time All-Star, Marion earned a reputation for being an outstanding rebounder for his size as well as excellent finisher on the fast break.
He also had one of the ugliest looking jumpshots in the history of the game. Still does, actually.
Anyway, what does all this have to do with anything? Not much, really.
But the Dallas Mavericks, Marion's current team, did put together a video of the player as Super Mario from the popular video game series.
Throwing basketballs at turtles adorned with logos of rival teams with a motion that is not-unlike his jumper, Marion successfully navigates the level on the way to claiming the Larry O'Brien Trophy for himself and the Mavericks.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security