Updated Jan 6, 2013 - 5:13 pm
Fab Melo's height causes unusual concussion
Seven-footer Fab Melo is a classic example of that.
After just two seasons at Syracuse, Melo, who won the 2012 Big East Defensive Player of the Year award, entered last June's draft despite the fact many felt he could use a few more seasons under Jim Boeheim.
Regardless, Melo was selected by the Boston Celtics with the 22nd pick overall, primarily because the defensive-minded center had plenty of size to fit in at the NBA level.
Unfortunately, that size might not have been such a good thing for Melo this week.
While traveling on a D-League assignment with the Maine Red Claws, CSNNewEngland.com reported that Melo suffered a concussion when he hit his head on a door frame inside a Sioux Falls Hotel.
Melo was later evaluated by Boston's team doctors and appears to be just fine, but it's hard not to chuckle lightly at the poor guy's unfortunate injury.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness