Updated Jan 13, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Hawks fan does the improbable with half-court shot
Waiting for the winner is usually some ridiculous crash prize or in some cases a car.
Usually that doesn't matter, because lets be honest, a half-court heave isn't exactly the easiest shot for a fan let alone an NBA player.
Saturday night, one Atlanta Hawks season-ticket holder had an opportunity to win $1,000 with a 'Money Shot' from half-court. He didn't make the shot, but he treated the Phillips Arena crowd to an even rarer feat.
Take a look:
While we cram the numbers on the probability of such a shot taking place 47 feet away from the basket, please take another look, because it's not likely you'll ever see it again.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad