Updated Jan 16, 2013 - 12:27 am
Brent Musberger has apparently moved on from Katherine Webb
Last Monday, while calling Alabama's BCS Championship Game romp over Notre Dame, the veteran announcer verbally drooled all over Tide quarterback A.J. McCarron's girlfriend Katherine Webb, the reigning Miss Alabama.
ESPN even found it necessary to issue an apology.
This Monday, Musberger was in Lawrence, Kansas to call the Jayhawks' game with Baylor, and he was at it again. When signing off the broadcast, Musberger thanked his announcing crew.
"For Fran Fraschilla and Holly Rowe, who was really smokin' tonight, I want to say so long from Lawrence," he said, with a smile evident in his voice.
ESPN felt the need to respond again, with Josh Krulewitz, the network's vice president of communications, putting this out on Twitter Tuesday morning:
Simply stated: "Brent said the word 'it.' We are moving on."— Josh Krulewitz (@jksports) January 15, 2013
Said the word 'it' where? "Holly Rowe, who was really smokin' it tonight..." How does that make any more sense or appear any better?
We think this is simply a case of Musberger having a little fun at his critics and maybe sending a not-so-veiled shot at his employer for their very public admonishing of his comments.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness