Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 10:56 am
Judge gets in trouble after posting message on Johnny Football's speeding ticket
Friday afternoon, judge Lee Johnson of Ennix, Tex. just couldn't contain his excitement over the local police department's latest speeding victim: Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M.
According to Deadspin.com, Johnson took to his Facebook account to post the following:
Too funny. So it seems that a certain (very) recent Heisman Trophy winner from a certain unnamed "college" down south of here got a gift from the Ennis P.D. while he was speeding on the 287 bypass yesterday. It appears that even though the OU defense couldn't stop im, the City of Ennis P.D. is a different story altogether. Time to grow up/slow down young 'un. You've got your whole life/career ahead of you. Gig Em indeed.
It seems the joke was on Johnson, however, because the city manager in Ennis publicly apologized and the judge was reprimanded for his Facebook post, despite clarifying that it should have read "allegedly" speeding.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns