Updated Jan 21, 2013 - 9:01 pm
Boston company having fun with Ray Lewis' impending retirement
One Massachusetts billboard company has egg on its face.
Clear Channel Outdoor Boston displayed a billboard countdown to Baltimore Ravens iconic linebacker Ray Lewis' retirement party a week before the AFC Championship game.
Unfortunately for those confident Patriots fans, Lewis' career did not end on Sunday. Baltimore stunned New England 28-13, extending Lewis' career.
What else can you do when you're wrong except take your lumps, and to the billboard company's credit that's exactly what they did.
Good sportsmanship does prevail after all.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover