Updated Jan 21, 2013 - 9:01 pm
Boston company having fun with Ray Lewis' impending retirement
One Massachusetts billboard company has egg on its face.
Clear Channel Outdoor Boston displayed a billboard countdown to Baltimore Ravens iconic linebacker Ray Lewis' retirement party a week before the AFC Championship game.
Unfortunately for those confident Patriots fans, Lewis' career did not end on Sunday. Baltimore stunned New England 28-13, extending Lewis' career.
What else can you do when you're wrong except take your lumps, and to the billboard company's credit that's exactly what they did.
Good sportsmanship does prevail after all.
- Joakim Noah saddened to learn it has been snowing in Chicago
- Big Papi, 'Selfiegate' spoofed on Saturday Night Live
- Jeff Francoeur's teammates trick him into thinking a teammate is deaf
- Aldridge, Lillard, Trail Blazers guest star in 'Portlandia' episode
- Suns, Mavericks engage in comical pregame banter on Twitter