Updated Jan 21, 2013 - 9:01 pm
Boston company having fun with Ray Lewis' impending retirement
One Massachusetts billboard company has egg on its face.
Clear Channel Outdoor Boston displayed a billboard countdown to Baltimore Ravens iconic linebacker Ray Lewis' retirement party a week before the AFC Championship game.
Unfortunately for those confident Patriots fans, Lewis' career did not end on Sunday. Baltimore stunned New England 28-13, extending Lewis' career.
What else can you do when you're wrong except take your lumps, and to the billboard company's credit that's exactly what they did.
Good sportsmanship does prevail after all.
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge