Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 1:18 pm
The 'Flying V' is actually real!
Except for Banksy, he was actually good. And a cake-eater.
Anyway, one of the coolest moments from the movie filled with only cool moments was the introduction of the "Flying V" into our lexicon.
A play the Mighty Ducks ran, it involved five players forming a V on the way down the ice. It worked in the movies, as seen here in D2: The Mighty Ducks
It didn't work in real life.
The Edmonton Oilers, who happen to be a real hockey team (like Mighty Ducks could ever be a real team), ran a version of the Flying V in a matchup with the San Jose Sharks. The result can be seen in the video below:
In fact, not only did the Oilers fail to score on that sequence, but they ended up losing the game by a score of 6-3.
But hey, they're winners in our book.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness