Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 6:37 pm
The early favorite for NHL Celebration of the Year
The first overall pick in the 2012 draft has had quite a debut for the Edmonton Oilers. After scoring his first career goal Tuesday against the San Jose Sharks, Yakupov did one better two nights later against the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Down 1-0 with under 10 seconds to go, Yakupov took a rebound off a shot from Taylor Hall, and calmly put the puck past Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick to force overtime.
While the Oilers eventually won in the extra session, the night will most certainly be remembered for Yakupov's post-goal celebration. Eat your heart out Theo Fleury:
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent