Updated Feb 3, 2013 - 11:14 am
Caltech baseball snaps incredible 228-game losing streak
In February 2012, the school's basketball program notched a rare 46-45 victory against Occidental College. How rare? It was the Beavers' first win in 311 tries dating back to 1986.
The women's volleyball team also got into the act on October 19, winning their first match in program history against Mills College.
But the Beavers' run of futility isn't limited to the hardwood.
Heading into the second game of a doubleheader against Pacifica College Saturday, Caltech baseball had lost 228 games since February 15, 2003.
Eventually though, all streaks are meant to be snapped. Thanks to a four-run first inning, the Beavers treated a crowd of 87 fans at Caltech North Field to a 9-7 victory.
So to the 2003 Caltech baseball team, sorry guys but the champagne popping is officially over. You're longer the big men on campus.
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial
- Brewers catcher literally knocks the cover off the ball
- FOX cameraman tumbles while filming home run trot
- Spurs fan gets a haircut that might actually be awesome
- Astros misspell top prospect's name in Major League debut