Updated Feb 18, 2013 - 9:57 am
Ole Miss star delivers a rather short post-game interview
They often do so because they are required to, or because they don't want their image to take a hit. Whatever the case may be, it's hard to blame them, after all who wants several microphones and recorders shoved in their face after a physically-draining contest?
Sometimes, though, it's refreshing to hear an athlete tell reporters what he's really thinking.
Case in point, Mississippi basketball's Marshall Henderson.
Henderson's 25 points led Ole Miss to a 84-74 overtime win against Georgia over the weekend. And being that it was a Saturday and he is a college student, Henderson wasted little time letting the media know he had bigger plans than sitting around shooting the breeze about a 10-point victory.
"If it's all the same," Henderson told reporters. "It's Saturday night. I'm out."
I guess when you're the SEC's leading scorer (19.5), you can get away with a 10-word post-game interview.
Regardless, you have to admire the guy's honesty.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover