Updated Feb 27, 2013 - 8:31 pm
Play-by-play guy mistakes airball for buzzer beater
But as Washington Wizards PBP guy Steve Buckhantz found out Wednesday night, that can be a problem when he sees it entirely different from everyone else.
Down 96-95 to the Detroit Pistons late in Wednesday's contest, Wizards forward Trevor Ariza attempted to win the game with a corner three-point shot.
The ball missed everything and the Wizards lost, but not according to Buckhantz. He thought Ariza had hit a buzzer beater and yelled "DAGGER!"
Take a look courtesy of BigLeadSports.com:
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns