Updated Apr 8, 2013 - 7:38 am
South African fan attacks ref with vuvuzela
It might warrant a boo or a not-so friendly chant, but apparently there is no universal rule about fan conduct.
During a South African premiere league match Saturday between the Kaizer Chiefs and Golden Arrows, one fan rushed the field to express his disdain for a ref. But of course, what would a soccer match in South Africa be without a vuvuzela.
The good news was that the official didn't seem to be hurt after being smacked with the plastic "weapon". And while we don't condone the fan's actions, well, at least he didn't produce that annoying sound with the vuvuzela.
- Seahawks-49ers battle spills over into public transportation
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial
- Brewers catcher literally knocks the cover off the ball
- FOX cameraman tumbles while filming home run trot
- Spurs fan gets a haircut that might actually be awesome