Updated Apr 20, 2013 - 5:11 pm
Neil Diamond serenades Fenway crowd with live edition of 'Sweet Caroline'
As has often been the case for Bostonians, Fenway Park is often the best place to look for a welcomed distraction.
Saturday, the Red Sox played at home for the first time since Monday's bombings, and in a game that featured pre-game ceremonies, a go-ahead home run and everything in between, the highlight undoubtedly occurred after the top of the eighth inning.
'Sweet Caroline' has been a staple at Fenway Park since 1997, but fans Saturday were treated to a special version of the anthem -- one sung by the man himself, Neil Diamond.
While the 1969 version drowned out the 2013 version at times, Saturday's appearance was still "so good, so good, so good."
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad