Updated May 6, 2013 - 11:10 am
Local head shop 'welcomes' Tyrann Mathieu to town
That's because Tyrann Mathieu smoked a lot of marijuana during his college career at LSU.
The Arizona Cardinals made Mathieu their third-round draft pick last month in move that was both praised and questioned.
Most believe that if Mathieu can keep his nose (or lungs, in this case) clean, he'll pay big dividends on the field. He's a unique football player with uncanny instincts on the gridiron. But whether he can do that remains to be seen, thus making the pick a risky one for the Cardinals.
Mathieu, known as "Honey Badger", has said all the right things and has repeated that he just wants to play football.
So imagine how he (and his representation) must feel seeing the lengths one local business took in welcoming him to the Valley. The ad below appeared in the latest edition of the Phoenix New Times.
Really, there's nothing like conjuring up someone's past for the sake of drumming up more business. It's very classy, and I'm sure your bong, err, I mean water pipe sales will increase exponentially.
- Arizona Western punter's punt may be worst ever
- Florida Panthers replace cracked glass with non-transparent pane
- Fan sets home Christmas lights to Auburn fight song, historic field goal return
- ESPN celebrates Dick Vitale with impressions
- Watch college basketball fans go crazy on their team's 10th point of game