Updated Jul 4, 2013 - 4:40 pm
Smack-talking robot challenges Rory McIlroy
McIlroy said he used to sharpen his skills by hitting golf balls into his mother's washing machine.
In the video, a robot takes him to task on a driving range filled with washing machines -- mostly front-loading ones, with a couple top-loaders in the mix.
Both McIlory and the jeering robot -- which the European Tour's YouTube page calls a Golf Laboratory Computer Controlled Hitting Machine -- have trouble making many of their shots. The washing machines don't exactly stay stationary, either, as you will see in the video.
Wait until you see how difficult the final challenge of the showdown is, and who emerges victorious.
- The ALS slime bucket challenge?
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months