Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 7:54 am
Young Ohio State fan names his tumor Michigan, beats cancer
For either side, losing is not an acceptable option.
In the spirit of the great rivalry on the field, 12-year-old Grant Reed, a devout Buckeyes supporter, decided to help motivate himself defeat an off-the-field battle.
In 2011, Reed was diagnosed with a brain tumor -- a tumor which he later named Michigan.
The trick seemed to work, because according to USA Today, Reed's cancer is now in remission.
We think this is one battle Michigan fans won't mind losing.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover