David Wright's headshot caps off weird night at Citi Field
For starters, the Mets were rocking some bright orange 'Los Mets' jerseys.
Secondly, a foul ball shattered a camera behind home plate -- for the third time this year!
Thirdly, Eric Young stepped on Braves' pitcher Tim Hudson's ankle, breaking it and ending the 38-year-old's season. Don't worry, we're not posting the gruesome video (you're welcome!)
But all that paled in comparison to Mets' third baseman David Wright nearly knocking himself out with his own bat. In the fourth inning, Wright took a full cut at a 1-0 pitch from Hudson and grounds to short, starting a 6-4-3 double play. But when Braves second baseman Dan Uggla makes the turn and throw to first, Wright is nowhere in the shot -- because he tagged himself in the back of the head.
The Braves won the game 8-2, so not everything was out of the ordinary in Queens.
- Seahawks-49ers battle spills over into public transportation
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial
- Brewers catcher literally knocks the cover off the ball
- FOX cameraman tumbles while filming home run trot
- Spurs fan gets a haircut that might actually be awesome