Updated Aug 12, 2013 - 4:31 pm
J.J. Putz thunderstruck by mysterious premature guitar riff
The clubhouse prankster was Thunderstruck a split-second prior to delivering a pitch to New York Mets second baseman Justin Turner during the ninth inning.
The blaring noise, later identified as the beginning of Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart," was so loud and alarming that it caused Putz to spike the ball directly in front of the pitcher's mound while catcher Wil Nieves quickly jumped to his feet from behind the plate, flailing his arms confusedly in the air, looking upward.
But the mystery didn't last long, as the apparent guilty party -- a Chase Field sound tech -- raised his hands, as if to announce responsibility.
How'd it feel, J.J.?
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns