Diamondbacks pull a lottery prank on Wade Miley
Such is the case with Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Wade Miley, an alleged frequent lottery ticket buyer. Miley and mental skills coach Peter Crone have a Sunday ritual of scratching off multiple lottery tickets, according to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com.
Crone apparently talked to J.J. Putz earlier this season about pulling a prank on Miley, and that stunt has come to fruition.
Putz had fellow reliever Will Harris buy a fake lottery ticket, which they mixed in with some real ones before Miley and Crone rifled through a stack of stubs on Sunday, Aug. 11.
Miley, 26, fell for the faux winning ticket hook, line and sinker. Thinking he'd won $10,000, the starting pitcher ran around the team's trainer's room high-fiving and hugging teammates.
Someone was able to catch Miley's reaction on camera, and the team sent the video to the MLB Network, which aired the "gotcha" moment last week.
- ESPN makes fortuitous mistake involving Frank Vogel and Tony Romo
- 'Gruden' interviews Gruden and Derek Carr
- Indiana Pacers fans getting tired of Roy Hibbert?
- Seahawks-49ers battle spills over into public transportation
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial