Diamondbacks pull a lottery prank on Wade Miley
Such is the case with Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Wade Miley, an alleged frequent lottery ticket buyer. Miley and mental skills coach Peter Crone have a Sunday ritual of scratching off multiple lottery tickets, according to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com.
Crone apparently talked to J.J. Putz earlier this season about pulling a prank on Miley, and that stunt has come to fruition.
Putz had fellow reliever Will Harris buy a fake lottery ticket, which they mixed in with some real ones before Miley and Crone rifled through a stack of stubs on Sunday, Aug. 11.
Miley, 26, fell for the faux winning ticket hook, line and sinker. Thinking he'd won $10,000, the starting pitcher ran around the team's trainer's room high-fiving and hugging teammates.
Someone was able to catch Miley's reaction on camera, and the team sent the video to the MLB Network, which aired the "gotcha" moment last week.
- Carson Palmer spreads holiday cheer...or something like that
- Trail Blazers center Robin Lopez doesn't like mascots who mock his hairstyle
- Rudolph is a shortstop, apparently
- MLB releases techno-themed Arizona Diamondbacks video for the holidays
- Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson makes human pinball machine out of Middle Tennessee State