Updated Sep 6, 2013 - 10:34 am
John Elway gets credit for Peyton Manning's seven TDs in game vs. Baltimore
The Columbus Dispatch found this out the hard way Friday morning. After Peyton Manning threw a record-tying seven touchdowns in the Denver Broncos' season-opening 49-27 victory over the Baltimore Ravens Thursday, the Ohio paper's game story had a headline of "Elway throws seven touchdown passes."
The Dispatch got the headline right in the online version of the story, and the printed article mentions Manning in the lead, but switches over to (John) Elway again by the second paragraph.
Perhaps Manning should be infuriated that the writer doesn't know who he is, but maybe the writer simply confused Manning with Elway, thinking the two quarterbacks as being of the same caliber.
Elway hasn't played in the league since 1998, by the way.
Whatever the explanation, the mistake was embarrassing for the paper, but hilarious to the rest of us.
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival