Updated Sep 6, 2013 - 10:34 am
John Elway gets credit for Peyton Manning's seven TDs in game vs. Baltimore
The Columbus Dispatch found this out the hard way Friday morning. After Peyton Manning threw a record-tying seven touchdowns in the Denver Broncos' season-opening 49-27 victory over the Baltimore Ravens Thursday, the Ohio paper's game story had a headline of "Elway throws seven touchdown passes."
The Dispatch got the headline right in the online version of the story, and the printed article mentions Manning in the lead, but switches over to (John) Elway again by the second paragraph.
Perhaps Manning should be infuriated that the writer doesn't know who he is, but maybe the writer simply confused Manning with Elway, thinking the two quarterbacks as being of the same caliber.
Elway hasn't played in the league since 1998, by the way.
Whatever the explanation, the mistake was embarrassing for the paper, but hilarious to the rest of us.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad