Kate Nolan of Fox Sports 1 obliterates Astros over 'Ladies Night'
Yes, we just referenced a 34-year-old Kool & the Gang song, and if you still don't get it, as Ron Wolfley would say, "Google it, my young crunks!"
In what can only be viewed as a desperate attempt to boost their depressing attendance figures, the woeful Houston Astros have unveiled plans for Ladies Night for Friday's game against the New York Yankees.
For $33, women get a ticket to the game, a 'Baseball 101' talk, a 'Diamond, bling and glittery things' happy hour (whatever that is), complimentary beauty treatments and and exclusive Ladies Night gift from a corporate sponsor.
To say that the promotion was not received well by women (or men, for that matter) would be a gross understatement.
But Katie Nolan of Fox Sports 1 takes the cake for her scathing open letter to the Astros organization on her show "Crowd Goes Wild." Enjoy.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security