Canadian mascot injured after being body slammed by fan
During an on-ice game of musical chairs between fans at a WHL game between the Red Deer Rebels and Victoria Royals Saturday, Victoria's 'Marty the Marmot' mascot learned that lesson the hard way. The hardest way, to be exact.
In an effort to have a little fun with the competition, the mascot slid one of the inflatable chairs away from one of the male contestants and in the direction of one of the female contestants.
When the male contestant was eliminated following Marty's gesture, he took it out on the mascot in the worst possible fashion: by body slamming him to the ice.
As Marty struggled to get to his feet following the hard hit, the male fan was greeted with a chorus of boos as he left the rink.
According to CFAX 1070 in Victoria, the city's police department is 'waiting to get a victim impact statement from Marty and will then decided whether or not they will recommend charges against the assailant.'
So much for a little intermission entertainment.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns