Updated Nov 14, 2013 - 10:39 am
NBA unveils sleeved Christmas Day jerseys
Nobody in the history of the free world has ever sung that lyric, but sleeved jerseys are the "gift" that the NBA is bestowing upon basketball fans this holiday season.
The league unveiled the uniforms that the ten teams suiting up on December 25 will wear, and let's just say they're interesting. Honestly, they look a lot like an item you find on the rack at a discount retailer like TJ Maxx or Marshall's for $8.95. Except these are selling for $109.95 at the NBA's official online store.
But, on the flip side, the league did also unveil a pretty cool promo spot for the jerseys that features a rare sighting of Steve Nash in uniform, making a shot.
The Christmas Day schedule is as follows (all times MST):
• Chicago at Brooklyn (10:00 a.m. on ESPN)
• Oklahoma City at New York (12:30 on ABC)
• Miami at LA Lakers (3:00 on ABC)
• Houston at San Antonio (6:00 on ESPN)
• LA Clippers at Golden State (8:30 on ESPN)
How did they do it? Take a look at the behind the scenes video.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns