Updated Nov 14, 2013 - 10:39 am
NBA unveils sleeved Christmas Day jerseys
Nobody in the history of the free world has ever sung that lyric, but sleeved jerseys are the "gift" that the NBA is bestowing upon basketball fans this holiday season.
The league unveiled the uniforms that the ten teams suiting up on December 25 will wear, and let's just say they're interesting. Honestly, they look a lot like an item you find on the rack at a discount retailer like TJ Maxx or Marshall's for $8.95. Except these are selling for $109.95 at the NBA's official online store.
But, on the flip side, the league did also unveil a pretty cool promo spot for the jerseys that features a rare sighting of Steve Nash in uniform, making a shot.
The Christmas Day schedule is as follows (all times MST):
• Chicago at Brooklyn (10:00 a.m. on ESPN)
• Oklahoma City at New York (12:30 on ABC)
• Miami at LA Lakers (3:00 on ABC)
• Houston at San Antonio (6:00 on ESPN)
• LA Clippers at Golden State (8:30 on ESPN)
How did they do it? Take a look at the behind the scenes video.
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial
- Brewers catcher literally knocks the cover off the ball
- FOX cameraman tumbles while filming home run trot
- Spurs fan gets a haircut that might actually be awesome
- Astros misspell top prospect's name in Major League debut