Green Bay baby shares name with a Packer -- shocker, right?
It's "Titletown" -- home of the Green Bay Packers, owners of 13 NFL champioships.
Packer fans are so fiercely loyal that they'll often name their children after prominent figures in team history. The franchise itself helps out by releasing a yearly list of approved Packer baby names. We're not kidding.
Kyle Dryer and Kristal Tyczkowski celebrated the birth of an eight-pound baby boy last Sunday. The youngster is healthy, but nurses did discover the baby had a broken left collarbone, the same injury plaguing a certain member of the Packers.
So, it shouldn't be too surprising that the couple named their son "Aaron Rodger Dryer."
Again, this is Green Bay, so there's a chance that the baby would have been named that anyway, even if he didn't share an unfortunate injury with the quarterback.
Thank goodness the lad wasn't born with a groin injury, otherwise his name might have been "Johnny Jolly Dryer" -- that just wouldn't be right.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover