Updated Dec 4, 2013 - 10:52 am
D-backs' minor league affiliate gets owned...on Twitter
Actually, given Twitter's relative newness, can anything related to the medium be classified as "old fashioned?"
That's a question for another day, because today we're checking out the beef between the Reno Aces and Sacramento RiverCats.
The Aces are the Triple-A affiliate for the Arizona Diamondbacks, while the RiverCats hold the same distinction for the Oakland A's.
Billy Beane would be proud of this exchange.
.@aces River Cats are aquatically inclined felines with extremely flexible necks, developed from looking down at Reno in the standings.— River Cats (@RiverCats) December 4, 2013
Last season, the RiverCats finished with a 79-65 record, which bested Reno's mark of 60-84. However, Reno did win the PCL title and then the Triple-A National Championship Game in 2012, so it is not as if the club has never experienced success on the field.
Off the field, though, it appears they could use some work.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness