Iowa high school basketball standout scores without taking a shot
There are buckets, and then there was the two-point shot Hinton (Iowa) High junior Logan Jurgensmeier converted in a 83-73 win over Sioux City West on Jan. 16.
Running out wide on a 2-on-1 fast break, Jurgensmeir struggled to corral a pass in the paint with his left hand. But as the ball was heading out of bounds, he had the presence of mind to chuck it off the feet of Sioux City sophomore Noah McWell.
Not only did the 6-foot-4 forward save possession, he scored. The ball somehow bounced off of McWell's right foot underneath the basket and into the hoop.
Jurgensmeir finished with a game-high 31 points in the 10-point victory, none stranger than the two he recorded without even shooting the ball.
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival