Iowa high school basketball standout scores without taking a shot
There are buckets, and then there was the two-point shot Hinton (Iowa) High junior Logan Jurgensmeier converted in a 83-73 win over Sioux City West on Jan. 16.
Running out wide on a 2-on-1 fast break, Jurgensmeir struggled to corral a pass in the paint with his left hand. But as the ball was heading out of bounds, he had the presence of mind to chuck it off the feet of Sioux City sophomore Noah McWell.
Not only did the 6-foot-4 forward save possession, he scored. The ball somehow bounced off of McWell's right foot underneath the basket and into the hoop.
Jurgensmeir finished with a game-high 31 points in the 10-point victory, none stranger than the two he recorded without even shooting the ball.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness