Jamaican Bobsled team raising funds for Sochi
Now, the country, as well as "Cool Runnings" fans from around the world are trying to get the men, and their sled, to the games in southwestern Russia.
After missing the last two winter Olympic games, the team is looking to recapture the glory that once was -- dating back to the country's first qualifiers in 1988 and subsequent visits in 1992, 1994, 1998 and 2002.
Team president Chris Stokes -- not to be confused with John Candy -- has set up a crowdfunding page for the initiative via CrowdTilt. With eight days to go and an $80,000 goal, the team has raised just under $40,000 as of 2:25 P.M. MST on Monday.
"Some people say they know they can't believe, Jamaica, we have a bobsled team."
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness