Updated Feb 17, 2014 - 9:47 am
Coyotes minor league affiliate involved in wild brawl
Well, kind of.
On Sunday, the Portland Pirates -- a Phoenix Coyotes AHL affiliate -- found themselves in a heck of a brawl against the Adirondack Phantoms with just 21 seconds to play in regulation.
Both lines and both goalies jumped into the fracas, which was the substance of the 299 penalty minutes in the game.
Perhaps the focal point of the brawl was Coyotes prospect Connor Murphy, who himself didn't throw any punches but was painstakingly sprayed with a number of blows from Philadelphia Flyers prospect Tye McGinn. Coyotes defenseman Rostislav Klesla was also involved in the riot.
Ten fighting majors were ultimately issued.
"There is a yard sale of equipment to clean up," Jeff Mannix, Pirates radio play-by-play man, summed up the brouhaha.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent