Updated Feb 20, 2014 - 2:36 pm
A day on the course doesn't go so well for one fan at WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship
You'll skip work to head out to the Golf Club and Dove Mountain in Marana for the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship.
Heck, you'll follow around Rory McIlroy in his first-round match against Boo Weekley.
Until the 15th hole, that is, when McIlroy's drive missed the fairway and rested up against a rock. The South African tried to salvage a stroke by taking the shot as it lied. Big problem.
McIlroy immediately cringed after hitting the shot, which went into the crowd, forcing one spectator against a cholla cactus. For those reading this who are not desert dwellers, that hurts. A lot.
But on the bright side, even having ten cholla spines embedded in your back beats working, right?
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security