Updated Feb 21, 2014 - 10:19 am
American bars boycotting Canadian beer during Olympic hockey game
But blue-blooded Americans aren't the only ones high on Olympic fever heading into the much-anticipated battle between North American foes. No, it seems businesses around the country are getting into the act as well.
The Amherst Ale House in Amherst, NY., doesn't mind taking a hit at the cash register during the game. It's pledged not to sell any Canadian beer Friday morning.
Ace's Bar in San Francisco, Calif., plans to go the other direction, pledging to serve American beers like Budweiser for three dollars and Canadian beers like Molson for 19 dollars.
Win or less, it's safe to assume the alcohol consumption will heavily favor the American companies come Friday.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns