Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns
Less than 90 minutes before his first start of the season for the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday, the small forward was stuck in an elevator somewhere in Phoenix.
"It's an unfortunate set of circumstances," Pelicans head coach Monty Williams told NBA.com prior to the team's game versus the Phoenix Suns. "There's no other way to (put this) - he's stuck in the elevator, and they can't get him out. It's not his fault that he's late (to the arena). They're working as hard as they can to try to get him here."
Here's video of Evans stuck in the elevator, courtesy of his personal Instagram account:
And another stuck guy prior to a game:
Welcome to Phoenix, Tyreke! (Take the stairs when you get to US Airways Center.)
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security