Updated Apr 2, 2014 - 11:12 am
Nolan Ryan's first pitch sails juuuuuust a bit outside
In a career that spanned 27 seasons, Ryan won 324 games, posted an ERA of 3.19 and struck out 5,714 batters.
Of course, he is now 67 years of age and an executive for the Houston Astros, so pitching is not exactly something he needs to be good at nowadays.
And it's a good thing too, especially when you see how his first pitch prior to Tuesday's Astros-Yankees game went.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security