Jeff Francoeur's teammates trick him into thinking a teammate is deaf
Unfortunately for El Paso Chihuahuas outfielder Jeff Francoeur, that entertainment sometimes comes at the expense of teammates.
Francoeur's teammates with the San Diego Padres' Triple-A affiliate pulled an elaborate prank, convincing him over the course of a month that teammate Jorge Reyes was deaf. Everyone was in on it, from former ASU head coach Pat Murphy to restaurant waitresses.
Then they broke Francoeur the news in one of the cruelest ways possible -- showing him a video and recording his reaction. Both can be seen below.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security