Updated Apr 14, 2014 - 3:12 pm
Big Papi, 'Selfiegate' spoofed on Saturday Night Live
Turns out, Big Papi snapped the photo on his Samsung phone, and the company had just made the Boston slugger their "MLB social media insider."
Well, who better to get to the heart of the issue than SNL, who spoofed it last Saturday night. Kenan Thompson played Ortiz, who chatted it up with Weekend Update co-anchor Colin Jost.
During the skit, "Papi" recalls the big Dominican lunch served at the White House and reveals that Samsung paid him 100,000...chickens.
Pretty funny stuff.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security