Updated Apr 14, 2014 - 3:12 pm
Big Papi, 'Selfiegate' spoofed on Saturday Night Live
Turns out, Big Papi snapped the photo on his Samsung phone, and the company had just made the Boston slugger their "MLB social media insider."
Well, who better to get to the heart of the issue than SNL, who spoofed it last Saturday night. Kenan Thompson played Ortiz, who chatted it up with Weekend Update co-anchor Colin Jost.
During the skit, "Papi" recalls the big Dominican lunch served at the White House and reveals that Samsung paid him 100,000...chickens.
Pretty funny stuff.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness