Lithuanian soccer player rushes to stands to applaud his own goal
At least it appeared that way after he scored the tying goal Wednesday against Zalgiris Vilnius in an A Lyga match.
After Koub knocked in an 86th minute equalizer, he darted all the way to the sideline and into the adjacent stands.
Being that there were only a handful of spectators in that particular grandstand, Koub took a front-row seat to give himself a polite round of applause.
Also worth noting is that this gesture came at an opposing team's field. Was he trying to taunt the other team or just get their crowd a little more into the action?
Koub didn't end up with too much of a reason to be cocky, however. The match ended in a 1-1 tie.
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge