Updated May 12, 2014 - 3:47 pm
Houston sportswriter eats his own words, literally
Once upon a time, prominent Houston sportswriter John McClain predicted the Houston Texans would pick a quarterback with the first overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft.
In fact, he was so sure of it, he said he'd eat the front page of The Chronicle's sports section if they didn't.
They didn't. The Texans took defensive end Jadeveon Clowney out of South Carolina.
McClain kept his word. Yuck.
- The ALS slime bucket challenge?
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months