Updated May 12, 2014 - 3:47 pm
Houston sportswriter eats his own words, literally
Once upon a time, prominent Houston sportswriter John McClain predicted the Houston Texans would pick a quarterback with the first overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft.
In fact, he was so sure of it, he said he'd eat the front page of The Chronicle's sports section if they didn't.
They didn't. The Texans took defensive end Jadeveon Clowney out of South Carolina.
McClain kept his word. Yuck.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security