Updated May 12, 2014 - 3:47 pm
Houston sportswriter eats his own words, literally
Once upon a time, prominent Houston sportswriter John McClain predicted the Houston Texans would pick a quarterback with the first overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft.
In fact, he was so sure of it, he said he'd eat the front page of The Chronicle's sports section if they didn't.
They didn't. The Texans took defensive end Jadeveon Clowney out of South Carolina.
McClain kept his word. Yuck.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness