Updated May 29, 2014 - 12:35 pm
Bird interrupts pitch at D-backs game, survives
The ump called time as the ball sailed inside, and fortunately for the bird its trek across the field was successful.
Of course, as most D-backs fans can tell you, not every bird can be so fortunate.
Back in spring training 2001, a Randy Johnson pitch connected with a bird, sending the ball to the backstop and the bird to oblivion.
You'd think maybe that would have sent a message to birds everywhere not to do that, but Twitter didn't exist back then so it couldn't be 'tweeted'.
We'll show ourselves out, thank you.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad