Updated Jun 8, 2014 - 8:29 pm
California Chrome owner takes not-so-high road after Belmont Stakes defeat
Either you win or you don't. And over time, anyone who performs competitively should have a decent amount of experiencing both sides and handling them in a gracious way.
And then there are people like California Chrome owner Steve Coburn.
Rather than wish the winner, Tonalist, well after the race that saw California Chrome fail to become the first Triple Crown winner since 1978, Coburn took his TV spotlight as an opportunity to bash horse racing and the way its Triple Crown races are set up.
And while Coburn may have a point, there is a time and place for that discussion. Minutes after Saturday's race on national TV was neither.
Watch the rant in full below:
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness