Updated Jun 15, 2014 - 2:26 pm
Yasiel Puig's bat flip nearly hits Miguel Montero, ump
Ever since he broke in to the major leagues, the 23-year-old has entertained with all kinds of on-and-off-the-field antics. He's overthrown cut-off men, animatedly flipped his bat after home runs, boisterously celebrated the feats of teammates and more. Much, much more.
On Saturday, Puig was, well, very much Puig when he earned a walk and employed an errant bat flip.
Vin Scully will take it from there.
"It's one thing to be a bat flipper," he said on the Los Angeles Dodgers broadcast. "Okay -- you hit a home run. But that's ridiculous. You almost hit both men on the head on ball four."
Indeed, Puig's lumber came flying downward near the heads of Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero and home plate umpire Bill Welke, who both had to duck for cover to avoid contact with the bat.
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge